Build the tools to create livable, sustainable cities!
With our unique startup model, we are already delivering projects and generating revenue. A spin-off of RWDI with strong ties to its expert scientists, we are also well supported by the RWDI Ventures team. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic teammates to help us build exciting tools that combine leading engineering technology with high-performance computing and the best in web-based 3D visualizations. Come build tools that turn complex mathematics into easy-to-understand stories.
Our CFD team wears multiple hats, that include supporting the delivery of customer projects, as well as helping advance the capabilities of our product. We are looking to expand that team with the addition of a CFD Engineer. By helping us deliver successful projects, learning from our customers, and improving our technology platform, you will help us reach a much wider market. The candidate must reside in Canada.
We are seeking a CFD Engineer
In your role, you will:
- Manage and support customer projects through successful completion;
- Work closely with select customers, helping them to get the most of the Orbital Stack platform;
- Bring back knowledge and ideas to help improve and advance the product;
- Help develop our automation pipeline;
- As time permits, be involved in R&D efforts;
- On the development front, you will work with experts from the RWDI Labs team and across RWDI to refine our methods and research new tools and approaches.
Your past experience and qualifications:
- You have several years of CFD experience (1-3 years), running both steady state and transient simulations with one or more simulation products.
- You have experience with mesh generation using a standard tools (e.g. Star CCM+, OpenFOAM, etc.)
- You have an understanding of atmospheric boundary layer flow modelling
- Experience in wind engineering for the built environment is an asset.
- You prefer working in open source tools or research codes over commercial CFD packages.
- You are comfortable working in a Linux environment, and have experience running jobs on HPC compute clusters.
- You have real-world experience with a scripting language (preferably Python), and have some familiarity with a lower level language (e.g. C++).
- You’re a great communicator.
- You are a team player, taking initiative when needed.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.