Build the tools to create livable, sustainable cities!
With our unique startup model, we are already delivering projects and generating revenue. A spin-off of RWDI with strong ties to its expert scientists, we are also well supported by the RWDI Ventures team. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic teammates to help us build exciting tools that combine leading engineering technology with high-performance computing and the best in web-based 3D visualizations. Come build tools that turn complex mathematics into easy-to-understand stories.
We are seeking an Intermediate Software Developer.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves a fast-paced environment, working on multiple challenges, and getting stuff done;
- Is thrilled be part of building a new business;
- Is motivated by complex problems;
- Enjoys collaborating with others to find solutions;
- Has customer success and in their blood, is driven to know what makes the customer tick, and is keen to help them get the most out of the product;
- Is comfortable with rapid change and has developed skills for embracing it (rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away);
- Is keen to learn about and implement modern best practices, but also understands that speed is vital in early-stage product development – you’re comfortable balancing these two things.
In your role, you will be:
- Help build Orbital Stack into an even better product;
- Participate in product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping & validating, and shipping production software;
- Contribute to a wide variety of different challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high performance computing tasks, building automation tasks involving 3D CAD models and 3D visual output, and creating state of the art scientific code involving climate models, CFD, and machine learning.
Your past experience and qualifications
- With a few years of software development experience under your belt, you are very comfortable with building production software.
- Experience with web application development, as well as some knowledge of cloud-centric tools, are important to this role.
- You have worked in a team environment and are comfortable with modern software development practices.
- Experience with numerical simulation and high-performance computing would be assets but not required.
- You have experience taking responsibility for a task, and driving the work to completion.
- You’re a great communicator.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.