Join us in building companies that change the world, literally
RWDI Ventures isn’t a typical corporate innovation hub. Our mission is to create new companies that transform how people, companies, and the planet interact. We’re helping architects design more sustainable communities. We’re helping businesses understand the risks, opportunities, and challenges of weather. We’re helping families be safe in the face of increasing climate change.
Orbital Stack, our first portfolio company, is growing and looking to expand its team. Our first release of rapid insight software is already generating a steady stream of income, informing RWDI’s own engineers as they help design the next generation of high-performance buildings. We are combining technology from computational fluid dynamics, machine learning, data visualization, and high-performance computing to make this possible.
We are already operating in private beta and serving early adopters. We have revenue, and a client base of world-class firms. All the while, we are a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customer.
We are seeking an Intermediate Software Developer. The candidate must reside in Canada.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves a fast-paced environment, working on multiple challenges, and getting stuff done;
- Is thrilled be part of building a new business;
- Is motivated by complex problems;
- Enjoys collaborating with others to find solutions;
- Has customer success and in their blood, is driven to know what makes the customer tick, and is keen to help them get the most out of the product;
- Is comfortable with rapid change and has developed skills for embracing it (rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away);
- Is keen to learn about and implement modern best practices, but also understands that speed is vital in early-stage product development – you’re comfortable balancing these two things.
In your role, you will be:
- Help build Orbital Stack into an even better product;
- Participate in product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping & validating, and shipping production software;
- Contribute to a wide variety of different challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high performance computing tasks, building automation tasks involving 3D CAD models and 3D visual output, and creating state of the art scientific code involving climate models, CFD, and machine learning.
Your past experience and qualifications
- With a few years of software development experience under your belt, you are very comfortable with building production software.
- Experience with web application development, as well as some knowledge of cloud-centric tools, are important to this role.
- You have worked in a team environment and are comfortable with modern software development practices.
- Experience with numerical simulation and high-performance computing would be assets but not required.
- You have experience taking responsibility for a task, and driving the work to completion.
- You’re a great communicator.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.