Guelph, Ontario or remote (Canada)
Join us in building companies that change the world, literally
RWDI Ventures isn’t a typical corporate innovation hub. Our mission is to create new companies that transform how people, companies, and the planet interact. We’re helping architects design more sustainable communities. We’re helping businesses understand the risks, opportunities, and challenges of weather. We’re helping families be safe in the face of increasing climate change.
Orbital Stack, our first portfolio company, is growing and looking to expand its team. Our first release of rapid insight software is already generating a steady stream of income, informing RWDI’s own engineers as they help design the next generation of high-performance buildings. We are combining technology from computational fluid dynamics, machine learning, data visualization, and high-performance computing to make this possible.
We are already operating in private beta and serving early adopters. We have revenue, and a client base of world-class firms. All the while, we are a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customer.
Orbital Stack is seeking a North American Sales Lead for our Southern Ontario based operation. This is a permanent position but does not require being based in Guelph.
The Sales Lead will focus on the North American market and work closely with the GM of Orbital Stack. This is a role where you can take charge, help shape the strategy, and make a significant impact on a growing business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves a fast-paced environment, juggling tasks, and setting their own priorities;
- Is thrilled by the idea of helping to build up a new business;
- Understands technology and is great at getting people excited about its potential;
- Is excited by the prospect of establishing a brand-new market with a quickly evolving product.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Leading sales to large and medium sized professional services companies in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry, an industry where RWDI is recognized as a world leader in environmental design analysis;
- Helping to develop and execute a “go-to-market” strategy to grow existing markets and establish new ones;
- Helping build out sales collateral in collaboration with Marketing;
- Working with existing and potential clients to promote adoption and continued use of the Orbital Stack software;
- Researching companies and individuals to identify new firms, new contacts and regional project opportunities/leads;
- Establishing relationships with clients and key stakeholders both externally and within RWDI;
- Attending regional networking events and developing relationships to become a recognized representative of Orbital Stack;
- Working closely with the marketing team and the RWDI business development team to develop brand awareness and thought leadership;
- Working with the RWDI sales team, both as a channel partner and to promote joint sales.
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- 8 years previous experience in sales, with 5 years of direct sales, preferably with technology and startup experience (we will also consider applicants with less experience who are a good match for the job requirements);
- Experience establishing a new market for a software/SaaS product in a startup environment;
- Proven sales successes including customer acquisition, same customer sales growth, and the generation of qualified sales leads;
- Experience in developing and giving tailored presentations to a wide range of audiences, from upper management to technologists;
- Strong customer orientation, negotiation skills, and an ability to close;
- Effective persuasion skills and confident from a technical and commercial standpoint in both verbal and written communication;
- Honest and straightforward character with a friendly demeanor towards customers;
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet tight deadlines and accommodate clients and colleagues in varying time zones.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.