Guelph, Ontario or Remote (Canada)
Help us build the solutions that will keep your community safe from disease
COVID-19 has forever changed how we live. Beyond COVID-19, this awareness and impact of infectious diseases is here to stay. Shared spaces where we gather to work, play, shop, and travel have emerged as the focal point of the health defense strategy. Songbird develops the solutions that make these shared spaces safer to re-enter with rapid testing and risk management tools, ensuring the health of both people and the economy. Today our focus is largely on COVID-19, but the solutions we are building will form the core strategy of how we make shared spaces safe for decades to come.
This is the singular challenge of our generation. It is our moon landing, only the stakes are far higher. We’ve built a team of passionate and talented people committed to making the world safer. It includes world class building scientists, infectious disease experts, operations engineers, data scientists, product designers, and more. Our microscopic adversary is clever and evolving. We are meeting the challenge with a team that is equally agile and creative, and above all else, committed to the hard science that is required to succeed. Our work is not easy or boring. But it is the most important work any of us have ever taken on, and we have built a team that understands the value of having fun while doing it. Sound like a fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
You will play a key role in the client lifecycle by setting the groundwork for a strong and lasting partnership. You will play the role of a coordinator, educator, and trainer ensuring our customers are satisfied with the product. You will report to the Director of Operations and collaborate with other departments within Songbird. You are organized, dynamic and passionate about training.
- Respond promptly to internal and external technical inquiries
- Work professionally with existing and new clients ensuring a high standard of quality customer service
- Work effectively with suppliers, external organizations, government agencies and other relevant networks
- Leading and training groups of people on laboratory practices and procedures
- Managing a wide range of technical knowledge (low to high) and tailoring the training according to audience
- Manage training materials, education programs, and communications
- Manage training schedule across clients and internal teams
- Understand laboratory operations and sample processing:
- Client Data Profiling
- Product Data Profiling
- Samples Tracking & Process Flow
- Chain of custody procedures
- Manage standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and manuals.
- Including client and partner issuance, updates and interface.
- Development and continuous improvement of SOP’s
- Manage Songbird standards and certification program manuals and distribution.
- Laboratory understanding to include but not limited to:
- DNA full genome sequencing procedures.
- DNA PCR process and equipment management.
- Coordinate projects and programs across internal and external teams including key partner program developments.
- Facilitate and support development, writing and delivery of live/remote training of Purity-IQ SOP’s and technology programs.
Your work style
Songbird is not for everybody, we’re looking for a specific type of science-minded problem solver. You’re not intimidated by tackling new subject areas and have a proven ability to ramp up quickly.
You’re comfortable with the early stages of a startup that are often messy and changing quickly. You stand out as someone that is highly creative and able to see alternative paths that get us to our destinations quicker and easier than most people expected.
Your past experience
We’re a team that is obsessed with learning, but there are some things we hope you’ve already learned in past roles and can bring that wisdom to the team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Education: General Science/Biotechnology/Microbiology
- Hands-on laboratory experience (critical)
- Must have follow good laboratory practices
- Good understanding and interpretation of Standards and Regulatory documents.
- Proficient in technical writing and general writing, must be able to write clearly, concisely, and communicate effectively to audiences that are both technical and non-technical.
- Experience in training (Train The Trainer / Other Programs)
- Possess a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Possess a high level of verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including the Microsoft suite of products and database applications.
- Demonstrated experience working in technical and client settings.
What success looks like after you join
- You will have developed relationships with clients
- You will have trained and supported clients in the use of our product
- You will have prepared SOPs and training documents
- You will have a system for organizing the training materials
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.