Join us in building companies that change the world, literally
RWDI Ventures isn’t a typical corporate innovation hub. Our mission is to create new companies that transform how people, companies, and the planet interact. We’re helping architects design more sustainable communities. We’re helping businesses understand the risks, opportunities, and challenges of weather. We’re helping families be safe in the face of increasing climate change.
Orbital Stack, our first portfolio company, is growing and looking to expand its team. Our first release of rapid insight software is already generating a steady stream of income, informing RWDI’s own engineers as they help design the next generation of high-performance buildings. We are combining technology from computational fluid dynamics, machine learning, data visualization, and high-performance computing to make this possible.
We are already operating in private beta and serving early adopters. We have revenue, and a client base of world-class firms. All the while, we are a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customer.
We are seeking an Senior Software Developer. The candidate must reside in Canada.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves a fast-paced environment, juggling tasks, and setting team priorities;
- Is thrilled by the idea of building a new business;
- Not afraid of complex problems;
- Enjoys collaborating with others to find solutions;
- Leads by example and whose peers look to for guidance;
- Has customer success and happiness in their blood, and is keen to get their hands dirty helping the customer get the most of the product, and learning how they tick;
- Is a proponent of modern best practices, but also understands that learning is the most important thing in early-stage product development – you’re comfortable balancing these two things.
In your role, you will be:
- Contribute to building Orbital Stack into a great product;
- Helping to develop the culture and practices of this growing team;
- Working closely with leadership to define the technical roadmap and strategy;
- Participating in product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping & validating, and shipping production software;
- Contributing to a wide variety of different challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high performance computing tasks, building automation tasks involving 3D CAD models and 3D visual output, and creating state of the art scientific code involving climate models, CFD, and machine learning.
Your past experience and qualifications
- With several years of professional software development experience under your belt, you are very comfortable with building software.
- Experience with web application development, as well as cloud-centric workflows and DevOps, are critical to this role.
- You have worked in a small, dynamic team or at an early-stage startup, maybe even one that you founded. You’re comfortable with rapid change and have developed skills for embracing it. Rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away excite you.
- Experience with numerical simulation and high-performance computing would be assets.
- You are equally comfortable working on architecture and writing code.
- You’re a great communicator.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.