Build the tools to create livable, sustainable cities!
With our unique startup model, we are already delivering projects and generating revenue. A spin-off of RWDI with strong ties to its expert scientists, we are also well supported by the RWDI Ventures team. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic teammates to help us build exciting tools that combine leading engineering technology with high-performance computing and the best in web-based 3D visualizations. Come build tools that turn complex mathematics into easy-to-understand stories.
We are already operating in private beta and serving early adopters. We have revenue, and a client base of world-class firms. All the while, we are a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customer.
We are seeking an Senior Software Developer.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves a fast-paced environment, juggling tasks, and setting team priorities;
- Is thrilled by the idea of building a new business;
- Not afraid of complex problems;
- Enjoys collaborating with others to find solutions;
- Leads by example and whose peers look to for guidance;
- Has customer success and happiness in their blood, and is keen to get their hands dirty helping the customer get the most of the product, and learning how they tick;
- Is a proponent of modern best practices, but also understands that learning is the most important thing in early-stage product development – you’re comfortable balancing these two things.
In your role, you will be:
- Contribute to building Orbital Stack into a great product;
- Helping to develop the culture and practices of this growing team;
- Working closely with leadership to define the technical roadmap and strategy;
- Participating in product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping & validating, and shipping production software;
- Contributing to a wide variety of different challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high performance computing tasks, building automation tasks involving 3D CAD models and 3D visual output, and creating state of the art scientific code involving climate models, CFD, and machine learning.
Your past experience and qualifications
- With several years of professional software development experience under your belt, you are very comfortable with building software.
- Experience with web application development, as well as cloud-centric workflows and DevOps, are critical to this role.
- You have worked in a small, dynamic team or at an early-stage startup, maybe even one that you founded. You’re comfortable with rapid change and have developed skills for embracing it. Rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away excite you.
- Experience with numerical simulation and high-performance computing would be assets.
- You are equally comfortable working on architecture and writing code.
- You’re a great communicator.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.