Guelph, Ontario or remote in Canada
Want to help us keep our communities safe from infectious disease? We are looking for a Software Developer to assist us in making shared spaces safer.
Who are we?
ParticleOne is a part of RWDI Ventures, a startup studio from a global engineering firm that is the industry leader in building science and climate engineering. We have already secured a strong SaaS revenue base from a set of globally recognized clients who are using our software to make operational decisions to keep their businesses running and people protected. Our mission, however, is far bigger than COVID-19. ParticleOne is building the technology stack needed to help organizations manage the risk of all infectious diseases for their people, supply chains, and operations.
You will help us take ParticleOne to the next level, building functionality that extends the range of disease risks that we can monitor and the tools that let our clients deploy this technology across the globe.
- This team works primarily in the North American Eastern time zone out of our HQ in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, but remote applicants are welcome.
- Our work is rich and varied. Product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping and validating, and building production software are all on the table.
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high-performance computing tasks, various automation tasks, and state of the art scientific code involving infectious disease modeling.
- We’re a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customer.
Who are we looking for?
We’re a team that is obsessed with learning, but there are some things that we hope you’ve already learned in past roles and you can bring that wisdom to the team.
- With several years of professional software development experience under your belt, you are very comfortable with building software and managing teams. You have taken on leadership roles at previous jobs. Mentorship is part of what motivates you.
- Experience with web application development, as well as cloud-centric workflows and DevOps, are critical to this role.
- You have worked in a small, dynamic team or at an early-stage startup, maybe even one that you founded. You’re comfortable with rapid change and have developed skills for embracing it. Rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away excite you.
- You are equally comfortable working on architecture and writing code.
- You are a great communicator.
Your work style:
Ventures is not for everybody. We’re looking for a specific type of adventurer.
- You have strong software development skills, but your science and engineering background are important too. We work closely with domain experts in RWDI, as well as the team in Ventures, and having an ability to understand the basic science underpinning our products is helpful.
- Customer success and happiness are in your blood, and you are keen to get your hands dirty to help them get most of the product, and to learn how they tick.
- You’re passionate about creating products and companies that make the world safer, more resilient and more efficient. You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You’re comfortable with the early stages of product development that can be messy and change quickly. As we move deeper into development, you know when it’s time to harden platforms and optimize code.
- You believe in automated testing, continuous delivery, and modern best practices, but you also understand that learning is the most important thing in early-stage product development. You’re comfortable balancing these two things.
- You love to learn, and this shows in your professional and personal life.
- You can work independently, but you understand that the best results come from an efficiently operating team. You have been through this before and do what needs to be done to keep the team fed and operating at their best.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus program
- Group health benefits
- On-site gym (Guelph location)
- Fitness spending account
- RRSP matching
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI and ParticleOne endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.