Guelph, Ontario or remote in Canada
Join us in building companies that change the world—literally.
RWDI Ventures isn’t a typical corporate innovation hub.
Our mission is to create new companies that transform how people, companies, and the planet interact. We’re helping architects design more sustainable communities. We’re helping businesses understand the risks, opportunities, and challenges of weather. We’re helping families be safe in the face of increasing climate change.
COVID-19 exposed the risks inside buildings. ParticleOne, our third portfolio company, uses science to profile, mitigate, and monitor pathogen risk levels in our clients’ indoor spaces. While our Ventures team members tend to contribute to a variety of projects, you’ll start with your focus on ParticleOne.
With a product, early adopters, and revenue, we are seeking a Software Developer to help us accelerate. The candidate must reside in Canada.
Who are we looking for?
We’re a team that is obsessed with learning, but there are some things we hope you’ve already learned in past roles.
- With 3–5 years of professional software development experience under your belt, you are comfortable with building software as part of a fast-moving team.
- Experience with web application development, as well as cloud-centric workflows and DevOps, is considered an asset.
- You have worked in a small, dynamic team or at an early-stage startup. You’re comfortable with rapid change and have developed skills for embracing it. Rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away excite you.
- You are a great communicator.
- This team works primarily in the North American Eastern time zone out of our HQ in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, but remote applicants are welcome.
- Our work is rich and varied. Product design, technical whiteboarding sessions, prototyping and validating, and building production software are all on the table.
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high-performance computing tasks, various automation tasks, and state-of-the-art scientific code involving infectious disease modeling.
- We’re a small, focused team that collectively owns our processes, the product, and the daily success of our customers.
Your work style
Ventures is not for everybody. We’re looking for a specific type of adventurer.
- You have strong software development skills, but your science and engineering background are important too. We work closely with domain experts in RWDI, and having an ability to understand the basic science underpinning our products is helpful.
- Customer success and happiness are in your blood, and you are keen to get your hands dirty to help them get most of the product, and to learn how they tick.
- You’re passionate about creating products and companies that make the world safer, more resilient, and more efficient. You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You’re comfortable with the early stages of product development that can be messy and change quickly. As we move deeper into development, you know when it’s time to harden platforms and optimize code.
- You believe in automated testing, continuous delivery, and modern best practices, but you also understand that learning is the most important thing in early-stage product development. You’re comfortable balancing these two things.
- You love to learn, and this shows in your professional and personal life.
- You can work independently, but you understand that the best results come from an efficiently operating team.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- RRSP Matching
- Group Health Benefits
- Learning Spending Account
- Fitness Spending Account
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI Ventures endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.