Guelph, Ontario (Remote hybrid option also available)
Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc. (RWDI) is an international firm of engineers and scientists specializing in building performance, climate engineering and environmental engineering. From project conception through completion, we leverage the knowledge and skills of our technical staff to Redefine Possible.
We are looking for a leader to drive an ambitious and bold Digital Transformation.
This will transform how we perform our technical work, as well as the ways we engage with our world-class clients. RWDI is currently kicking off this multi-year initiative, and it has strong executive support as one of the key initiatives in our corporate growth strategy. This role sits within RWDI’s Innovation Department and will report to the VP Innovation.
RWDI’s Digital Transformation prioritizes two main business objectives.
- The development and use of digital, computational, and automated tools wherever possible.
- The development of a common digital web platform through which all our client work will be delivered.
While the actual development work will be performed by our software, technical, and client-facing teams, you will be the quarterback that helps us understand the opportunities and challenges, builds the plan, leads RWDI’s departments through this initiative.
- Change Management: This role focuses heavily on change management. You will build an understanding of how RWDI operates, and then work alongside senior leadership to plot a path for how best to propagate digital change through the organization.
- Customer Discovery: This role requires a product manager who thrives in customer discovery. This applies to both internal technical teams who will be using the digital/automated tools, and the external clients we are delivering projects to.
- Roadmapping and Project Management: The scope of this project is large, spanning many tools, many client sectors, and many geographies. As a result, this role will involve extensive roadmapping to define the scope, dependencies, and order of operations, as well as making decisions on “buy vs build” questions. Once the plan is in motion, this role will be the lead project manager to keep the plan on track.
- Communication: This role will be the “source of truth” on how the Digital Transformation is progressing. The role will partner with the VP Innovation to keep the organization and senior leadership team informed, focused, and engaged through regular communication and dashboards.
- Engineering Integration: This role will work arm-in-arm with our software development teams and process leaders. It requires an intimate understanding of agile processes and the software release process.
Your past experience
- Deep experience as a software product manager (10+ years)
- Demonstrated track record of uniting cross-functional teams to deliver large-scale digital products to market
- Experience leading change management or the introduction of a new technology into an organization
- Experience presenting and communicating to senior leadership and decision-makers, as well as highly technical groups.
- Solid understanding of the principles of design thinking, UX, journey mapping, and personas
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Bonus: Certified Product Owner
- Personal qualities: highly resilient, natural relationship builder, science-minded
What we can do for you
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- RRSP Matching
- Group Health Benefits
- Learning Spending Account
- Fitness Spending Account
- Work that matters:
- RWDI is a purpose-driven organization solving some of the most critical global challenges related to our changing climate.
- World-class teams:
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the top technical experts in their field worldwide
- A leadership team committed to support innovation and your success.
Salary commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI Ventures endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.